A California high school student died of an opioid overdose.
Officers from the Los Angeles Police Department responded when parents called 911 after finding their missing stepdaughter at Helen Bernstein High School in Hollywood Tuesday night.
The stepdaughter “looked like the victim of an overdose,” LAPD said.
Parents followed the 911 operator’s first aid instructions, but by the time Los Angeles Fire Department first responders arrived on the scene, the 15-year-old was already dead.
Another student was taken to hospital and is in stable condition.
Upon investigation, LAPD determined that the students had purchased what they believed to be percocet in nearby Lexington Park.
The LA Fire Department responded to two overdoses that day from pills sold around Lexington Park.
Police said other victims were students at a local high school, including Bernstein.
Police believe student bought tampered pills FentanylIt is a synthetic opioid reported to be 500 times more potent than morphine.
“It is common for drug dealers to mix fentanyl into pills,” said the Los Angeles Police Department. “Fentanyl is very dangerous and deaths from this drug have increased in recent years.”
The Los Angeles Unified School District announced that it would have grief counselors on school campuses following the incident.
“Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of both students as we work with the Los Angeles Police Department to clarify the details of this tragic situation,” the school district said. .
“It’s generally very easy to get drugs in high school,” said a 9th grade student at Bernstein College. los angeles times“Some children may take it as is. Something bad could easily happen. Another overdose,” they said.
Please contact the news team by email. email@example.com.
For other stories like this, check out our news page.
Get the breaking news, feel-good stories, analysis and more you need to know
https://metro.co.uk/2022/09/14/california-girl-15-dies-after-two-overdose-at-hollywood-high-school-17378348/ California: 15-year-old girl dies of double overdose at Hollywood high school