Updates to the relevant geo-distributed database of the relevant visual industry, local readings for performance, region-local backups, and more
Yugoslavia, the leading open source SQL database distribution company, today announced the general availability of YugabyteDB 2.13. The latest version of YugabyteDB provides better control over where data is stored and accessed in a geo-distributed deployment, allowing enterprises to lower data transfer costs, improve performance, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. The release also includes new features and integration to enhance the developer experience.
YugabyteDB offers developers, architects and database operators a rich array of deployment and replication options in geo-distributed environments, allowing them to build enterprise-ready applications to suit their needs and business locations. YugabyteDB 2.13 extends the geo-distribution capabilities of the database with new features that improve performance, increase backup control, and use local data intelligently for reading.
“In order for businesses to deliver on the promise of delivering high quality, consumer-oriented applications, it is more important than ever to enhance the developer experience so that they can be productive and have more time to focus on real features. value-added, ”said Karthik. Ranganathan, co – founder and CTO, Yugabyte. “Our mission is to provide the easiest database for developers. These latest updates will help simplify coding by unloading and automating key functions at the data layer and enhance the developer experience by providing easy, interactive training and better access to selected developer tools. ”
New features of YugabyteDB 2.13 are aligned with three main pillars of improvement:
- Improving Database Performance
- Relevant Scenes: Developers can create and store a pre – computed dataset derived from a query specification to reduce future query times by reducing data access and complex query calculations.
- Improved performance for region-local transactions: YugabyteDB 2.13 transparently improves the performance of data-using transactions within a region, even if the database is geographically dispersed. By keeping the metadata of transactions within the same region, Yugabyte eliminates cross-network latency.
- Backups within cloud regions: Operators can ensure that data backups remain within the same cloud regions to reduce cloud storage data transfer costs and help organizations comply with complex data regulations, such as GDPR.
- Enhancing the Developer Experience
- Quick Database Access with YugabyteDB Cloud Shell: With the new YugabyteDB Cloud Shell, developers can connect to YugabyteDB using any modern browser. The cloud shell provides a seamless user experience without compromising data security. Developers can experience the new cloud-shell through self-paced courses i University of Yugabyte as well as three hands on tutorials in Yugabyte Cloud.
- New Developer Tools: Support for MyBatis and Dapper ORM tools allows developers to leverage new .NET and Java persistence frameworks to simplify building applications with YugabyteDB.
- Simplified Application Deployment: Developers have access to fully automated cloud-native development workflows that can be pre-configured with YugabyteDB using cloud-based developer environments, Gitpod and GitHub Codespaces.
- Expand Security and Compliance
- SOC 2 Type 1: Yugabyte has successfully completed the Systems and Organization Control (SOC) ® 2 examination in accordance with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Security, Availability and Confidentiality Trust Service Categories and applicable Criteria. This accreditation confirms Yugabyte’s commitment to providing detailed information and assurance on security controls as they apply to our SaaS system.
- Security partnerships: Yugabyte 2.13 also includes enhanced security and manageability capabilities built through Iugabyte’s deep partnerships.
- HashiCorp Dome: Industry-favorite use Hashicorp Dome by YugabyteDB to enjoy a centralized, cloud-agnostic key management system (KMS) with secure access to secrets.
- Imperva Clouds Data Protection: Use out – of – the – box support to simplify monitoring and tracking of data in YugabyteDB for audits and vulnerability detection.
Thanks to continuous and ongoing performance improvements in the database, YugabyteDB reached a new TPC-C benchmark milestone, scaled to 150,000 warehouses with 99.29% efficiency.
YugabyteDB 2.13 Provides a Leading Developer Experience and Performance Improvements –
Source link YugabyteDB 2.13 Provides a Leading Developer Experience and Performance Improvements –