You have created a decent software product and even launched it. You probably got your first earnings and started reaping the fruits of your efforts. However, your customers have questions. Maybe you forgot to take care of something else? The solution is simple: you must outsourcing SaaS customer service or hire in-house staff.
Users will always have questions and will need immediate answers no matter how perfect your product is. Microsoft claims that 90% of customers their decision to purchase software is largely based on the availability of customer support.
So the success of your SaaS product depends not only on the quality of the delivery but also on the quality of your product IT support. We will talk about customer support in this article and discuss the main reasons for outsourcing such services.
What is SaaS Customer Support?
SaaS customer support is about helping your customers during the pre- and post-sale stages of your product. This service aims to do everything possible to make user interaction with your software as smooth as possible.
Customer support includes answering questions and providing immediate solutions to any problems related to your product. The main channels of interaction with users are usually chat, chatbot, email, or telephone.
Your customer support team can help your customers in other ways too. It can teach and educate your users through webinars, databases, manuals and other educational tools.
Outsourced vs. SaaS Internal Customer Support
When SaaS businesses require customer support, there are two options for launching this service. The first is to recruit in-house staff, and the second is to hire a SaaS remote support team.
There are several pros and cons to setting up customer support services. We will now compare these two approaches so that you can choose the one that meets the needs of your business.
Internal Customer Support Team
The in-house team is all about creating a unique customer support department within your company. It means that these specialists will work with you, and you will be able to easily supervise their work. So let’s deal with the main pros and cons of that team.
- Dedicated to your product. In-house teams will dedicate time to your software and will know its features and features.
- Instant feedback. Since you are in the same office, you can quickly get updates from your customer support team.
- More control over the team. Again, it’s easier to manage an in – house customer support team because you do it within your company.
- High data security. Working with in-house employees ensures higher data security compared to third-party vendors.
- High cost. Finding and maintaining full-time employees, renting an office, buying equipment, etc. will take a lot of money.
- The need for employee training. As you put together a new team to provide customer support, you need to spend time and resources informing employees about your product.
Outsourced Customer Support Team
The in-house staff looks very attractive to businesses. However, many companies are actively moving to an outsourced SaaS support model. This is when you hire a third party vendor to perform customer support tasks.
Let’s learn the pros and cons of outsourcing SaaS customer support services.
- Financial benefit. Outsourcing gives you the opportunity to search for employees worldwide and select them according to your financial capabilities.
- Get on board fast. By contacting an outsourced customer support vendor, you will immediately get a team of employees ready to start working here and now.
- Easier to replace staff. If your customer support specialists do not suit you, you can ask your service provider to find you a new team.
- High scalability. You can expand or reduce the support staff according to the workload of your business.
- Potential communication difficulties. Outsourcing allows you to search for employees anywhere in the world. It can lead to issues related to different time zones, languages, cultural barriers, etc.
- Security risks. Outsourcing is the only online communication with employees, so there is a risk of data breaches. However, it depends more on the contractor you choose.
Key Purposes of Outsourcing SaaS Customer Services
You could see that outsourced SaaS customer service offers many benefits to the business. It is cost effective, highly scalable, and provides smooth boarding. What else could you put into outsourcing and forming an in-house team?
Let’s look at the main causes.
Outsourcing opens up access to a wide range of employees. You can find customer support specialists almost anywhere in the world. It also allows you to select experts who are experienced in your particular niche.
Remote customer support providers have probably worked with many companies and products in the past. So, you will hire remote specialists who have a deep understanding of their tasks and responsibilities.
To run SaaS customer support service, you just need to find a reliable vendor. The third party will do everything else for you. The scope of work includes selecting employees, maintaining them, and providing staff with the necessary software and equipment.
Outsourced SaaS customer support not only saves you money. This service also allows you to increase your profits. According to research, improved customer experience has helped 84% of companies to increase their earnings. How is this possible? You go to experienced remote specialists who provide seamless customer support.
Outsourcing SaaS customer support has many benefits for your business. The biggest ones include financial benefits, access to experienced specialists, and the ability to easily scale your company.
How do you know you need to outsource? Outsourced SaaS customer support is ideal for companies looking to grow without spending significant budgets on staff maintenance. It is also appropriate for those businesses that seek to maximize profits by providing unparalleled customer support from experienced remote experts.
As a result, outsourced SaaS customer services enable company owners to focus on key business goals while the remote customer support team takes over.
When to Outsource SaaS Customer Service –
Source link When to Outsource SaaS Customer Service –