Travis Scott’s offer to pay for the funeral of Astroworld’s victims was rejected.
The news comes from a family of children calling the rapper’s journey “painful.”
30-year-old Travis has previously offered to pay for the funeral of 9-year-old Ezra Brandt, the youngest victim to die during a set of rappers at the deadly Astroworld Festival.
However, Ezra’s family denied the offer in an emotional letter obtained by Rolling stone on Monday.
In response to this offer, dull family lawyer Bob Hilliard wrote:
“There is no doubt that Mr. Scott feels regret.
“His future journey will be painful.
“He must face and hopefully make sure he is responsible for this tragedy.”
According to the outlet, Travis’ offer was sent to Hilliard and his co-adviser Ben Crump by his lawyer Daniel Petrocelli last Wednesday.
Ezra’s funeral took place on November 23 in Texas.
At that time, Rapper’s lawyer wrote: “Travis is overwhelmed by the tragedy of the Astroworld Festival and mourns the family whose loved ones died or were injured.
“Travis is committed to helping the afflicted family in the Houston community and playing their part in initiating a long healing process.
“That’s why Travis wants to pay for the funeral of Mr. Brandt’s son.”
10 people died Hundreds of people were injured following the Astroworld Festival.
Revealed later in the week Another victim’s family is suing Travis.
High school freshman John Hilgart, 14 was one of the concert attendees who died at the festival in Houston, Texas on November 5th.
John’s family filed proceedings against Travis, Live Nation Worldwide and others on Wednesday.
according to Man, His dad Chris Hilgart said:
“He was a beautiful young man who just wanted to enjoy his first concert event with his friends. He valued spending time above all else.”
The teen wanted to get the event early so he could get a good place, Houston Chronicle report.
The proceedings allege that “serious negligence” and “reckless disregard for the safety of the teenager” resulted in “his injury and subsequent death.”
Court documents allege that “Defendants have significantly neglected their obligations to protect the health, safety and life of those attending the concert.”
The proceedings filed by lawyer Richard Mitov seek damages of $ 1 million.
John’s parents, Chris and Nicole, want to prevent a similar incident from happening at another concert.
More legal dramas
In addition, Travis faces several other proceedings following the tragedy.
Texas-based lawyer Thomas J. Henry Proceedings To Kylie Jenner’s baby dad and others involved on behalf of all Astroworld victims.
Henry said: “Defendants stood to earn exorbitant amounts from this event, yet they chose to cut corners, reduce costs and put attendees at risk.”
In an interview with Hollywood life, Henry argued that the injuries that clients suffered after the Astroworld crowd surged ranged from heart attacks, brain injuries to bone fractures, extensive bruising and bleeding.
The lawyer said: “Injured people are still very traumatized because they had to get over the corpses.
“The crushing effect was very heavy and hard. They couldn’t breathe. They couldn’t get out.”
He has filed proceedings against parties such as Scott, Apple Music, Live Nation, NRG Stadium and guest performers. Drake..
Two security guards working at the Astroworld Festival also filed a proceeding alleging that they were injured.
The proceedings from concert attendees Manuel Sousa and Christian Paredes allege both negligence and gross negligence against Travis and the entertainment company.
According to court documents, Souza called the case “predictable and preventable.” He claims that the “danger signal” was ignored by the festival organizers.
He claimed that people climbed the security gate as the festival took place.
DailyMail.com Paredes reported that he had nominated Drake, 35, as a defendant in the proceedings.
The complaint claims to have helped Drake “stimulate the crowd” when he went on stage with Travis.
According to Paredes, anyone who organized event security, including Travis, did an inadequate job of planning and maintaining people’s security.
Travis Scott’s offer to pay for the funeral of Astroworld’s victims was rejected because the child’s family called the rapper’s journey “painful.”
Source link Travis Scott’s offer to pay for the funeral of Astroworld’s victims was rejected because the child’s family called the rapper’s journey “painful.”