US rapper Travis Scott said he was unaware that fans were injured in the Astroworld crash, which killed 10 people.
Scott told radio star Charlamagne Tha God on the YouTube channel that he was participating in an “emotional roller coaster” in his first sit-in interview since the music festival surged.
When asked when he thought the fans were injured, Scott said, “It was only a few minutes before the press conference (after the show) until I understood exactly what happened.
“Even after the show, you’re just listening to things, but I didn’t know the exact details.
“And even at that moment, you’re like,’Wait, what?’ People faint and things happen at concerts, but that’s … “
Police Investigation Center Scott and Event Organizer
The event took place at Astroworld, a two-day music festival in Houston, Texas, where fans soared towards the stage during a performance by headliner Scott on November 5.
More than 300 proceedings have been filed in the city so far. They are currently integrated and will be processed by a single judge as the case passes through the legal system.
The sued were Scott, the founder of the festival, Live Nation, a concert promoter, and other companies involved in the event.
Brent Coon, a lawyer representing about 2,000 concert attendees, is seeking $ 10 billion (£ 7.5 billion) in damages.
Another lawyer, Tony Buzbee, said the concert was planned “without considering the safety of young people” and “incredibly poor.”
Scott’s lawyer has filed a document denying liability for casualties.
Scott and the event organizer are the focus of criminal investigations by the Houston Police Department.
During Scott’s performance, people were “screaming for help.”
Nine-year-old Ezra Blount was the youngest person to be injured during a setback.
The ages of the other people who died were 14 to 27 years.
About 300 people were treated and 13 were hospitalized at the festival venue.
Charlamagne Tha God asked Scott if he heard the voice of a fan who “gathered and screamed for help every time he stopped the song.”
Scott states: “It’s very crazy. Whenever I can hear that I want to stop the show, I want my fans to get the right attention they need.
“I stopped a few times to see if everyone was okay. I just lost the energy of the fans. I couldn’t hear it.
“At the end of the day, you just hear the music.”
“I’ve been doing this for a long time, but I’ve never done this before … for people to have the best experience,” Scott said of the sold-out festival, which was attended by 50,000 people. We will be doing these shows. “
Family declines Scott’s offer to pay funeral expenses
At the age of 30, he said he was “responsible” for knowing what happened at the festival.
He added: “Fans come to the show for a good experience. I have a responsibility to understand what happened here. I have a responsibility to understand the solution.
“I hope this will be our first step as an artist and we will gain more insight into what is happening and prevent this from happening again.”
The interview took place after some of the 10 families who were injured and died in a crowd surge declined Scott’s offer to pay for the funeral of his loved one.
Travis Scott says he was unaware that his fans were injured during the crash of Astroworld, which killed 10 people.Ent & Arts News
Source link Travis Scott says he was unaware that his fans were injured during the crash of Astroworld, which killed 10 people.Ent & Arts News