Do you recognize the top of pop music yourself? Now you can prove your knowledge of charts with the PopMaster quiz.
DJ Ken Bruce Radio 2 Music quizzes have been around for 20 years, and new board games include teasers from the 1950s to the present.
Here Ken and his team give you a place to practice. The following answers.
1) Which group reached No. 1 with the song Cotton Eye Joe in 1995?
A) White Stripes
B) Blue Nile
2) Did Lady Gaga sing Always Remember Us This Way on the 2018 hit movie soundtrack?
A) Wild Rose
B) Birth of a star
3) Name the Canadian group that hit Noughties with How You Remind Me and Rockstar songs.
A) Blue rodeo
C) April Wine
4) Rise was the title of the 1999 No1 album and the 2000 No1 single.
A) Lisa Stansfield
5) What was the title of Holly Valance’s 2002 chart debut and was it only the No. 1 hit?
A) Kiss Kiss
C) State of mind
6) Which of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musicals starring Barbra Streisand was a hit “as if you had never said goodbye”?
A) Sunset Boulevard
B) Aspect of love
C) Love never dies
7) Was Fade To Gray the title of the Top 10 singles of 1980 played by New Romantics?
A) Duran Duran
C) Soft cell
8) Which group reached the top of the single chart in the early 1980s with all the little things she was magical about?
B) Level 42
C) Heaven 17
9) Name the girl group that topped the charts in 2021 Sweet Melody.
A) Little Mix
C) The Pussycat Dolls
10) Which rapper collaborated with Jennifer Lopez on the 2005 Top 10 hits Hold You Down?
A) Fat Joe
B) Busta Rhymes
C) 50 cents
11) Who made a duet with Kylie Minogue in the 1991 Top 5 Hits?
A) Jason Donovan
B) Nick Cave
C) Keith Washington
12) Did Mariah Carey’s hit “All I Want for Christmas Is You” first make it into the Top 10?
13) Girl group Destiny’s Child has achieved two No1s. The first of these was an independent female part 1, but what was the second?
A) Please say my name
B) Bills, Bills, Bills
14) Which of Bob Marley’s songs became Eric Clapton’s top 10 hit cover version in 1974?
A) No Woman No Cry
B) I shot the sheriff
C) Buffalo Soldier
15) In 1979, Ava reached the top 3 of the single chart with the double A side hit Angel Eyes. What other songs are there?
A) Dancing Queen
B) Mamma Mia
16) What was the title of the song by Jack White and Alicia Keys in the 2008 James Bond movie Quantum of Solace?
A) Another way to die
B) Write on the wall
C) you know my name
Bonus round: Name the year
17) Rude Boy’s song comes from Rihanna’s fourth album “Rated R”. What year was the single on the chart?
18) In what year of the 1980s did Chris de Burgh’s “The Lady in Red” top the singles chart for three weeks?
1) C, 2) B, 3) B, 4) B, 5) A, 6) A, 7) B, 8) A, 9) A, 10) A, 11) C, 12) B, 13) C. 14), B, 15) C, 16) A, 17) 2010, 18) 1986
- Ginger Fox Pop Master Quiz Game, £ 6 from John Lewis
We pay for your story!
Is there a story about The Sun News Desk?
Test your musical knowledge against the professionals behind the iconic PopMaster quiz
Source link Test your musical knowledge against the professionals behind the iconic PopMaster quiz