Recent Global Cyber Attacks: Reminds You of Movies?
For many of us, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO are sources of escape, connection, and joy at this time when the pandemic is still suspending our lives.
In addition to the coronavirus, it also caused a cyber pandemic last year. From intrusions into online government platforms to hacked accounts, data breaches, and devastating ransomware attacks, hackers and their recent advanced assaults can easily remind the movie.
“Several cybersecurity films have managed to predict the future. What looked like a conspiracy theory decades ago is today’s reality,” said NordVPN’s digital privacy expert. Daniel Marxon says.
For fascinating flicks and fascinating documentaries, Daniel Marxon recommends the top seven movies on cybersecurity and hacking.
- Behold, the fantasy of a connected world (2016). This is a Werner Herzog documentary about the history and foundations of the Internet and its future. German romantic filmmakers dive into the wonder of what is possible, remembering the dangers.
- Citizenfour (2014). An original Oscar-nominated documentary about Edward Snowden and the NSA Spy Scandal. Created by Laura Poitras, the film includes a live interview with Snowden in Hong Kong in 2013, featuring work by journalist Glenn Greenwald.
- Black hat (2015). A cleverly crafted, state-of-the-art movie written by real hackers about dangerous code that was written long ago and is now affecting the world on a global scale. Directed by Michael Mann and starring Chris Hemsworth, the film is about a former scammer joining a team of tech experts to track people behind major cyberattacks in Chicago and Hong Kong. is.
- Unfriended: Dark Web (2018). A horror movie that follows a group of millennials who have fallen into cyber horror by a mysterious group of internet trolls / murderers after discovering a cache of hidden files on a stolen laptop.
- Defender (2018). The film details some of the well-known cyberattacks and those who needed to keep our institution safe from the ever-evolving cyber threats. This documentary features the story of six cyber threats at the 2012 London Summer Olympics, a New York Times data breach, a Sony Pictures cyber attack, and a ransomware attack in San Francisco.
- password (2019). Police officers are trying to find cybercriminals who are hacking passwords and destroying the lives of innocent people. To eliminate this cybercrime network, police officers team up with ethical hackers to create a master plan.
- Internet Boy: Aaron Swartz’s Story (2014). The film tells the story of Reddit co-founder, programming genius, and information activist Aaron Swartz. Aaron Swartz died at the age of 26.
How to stream safely?
One way various streaming service accounts are leaked is after a user clicks on a suspicious link or file distributed via email or a private messaging app to inject malware into their computer.
Such phishing attacks are successful for two main reasons. Inadvertent cybersecurity protection and human error. “Before opening a link or attachment, you need to make sure it’s 100% legitimate,” Daniel Markuson warns.
According to cybersecurity experts, “Another problem is that we rarely use cybersecurity tools such as VPNs and antiviruses. Such software needs to be installed and updated on a regular basis. The combination of the two can prevent the installation of malware. “
VPN (Virtual Private Network) services provide a secure encrypted tunnel for online traffic flows. It creates a secret “tunnel” from your device to the Internet, hiding important data such as personal information, online activity, IP addresses, and locations in a way called encryption.
In addition, use a different password than two-factor authentication for each streaming service to prevent your account from being hacked. In this way, if one of your passwords is compromised, you only have to deal with that one and reduce the risk to the rest of your accounts.
NordVPN is the world’s most advanced VPN service provider used by over 14 million Internet users worldwide. NordVPN offers dual VPN encryption, malware blocking, and Onion OverVPN. This product is extremely user-friendly, offers one of the best prices on the market, has over 5,000 servers in 60 countries around the world, and is P2P capable. One of the key features of NordVPN is the zero log policy. For more information: nordvpn.com..
Seven movies about cybersecurity and hacking this spring-
Source link Seven movies about cybersecurity and hacking this spring-