The cameraman’s husband Halina Hutchins has filed a lawsuit against Alec Baldwin and others on the set of the movie Rust.
Hutchins, 42, was shot dead in October last year while filming a western in New Mexico.
The case was expected, but a lawyer for the family has already confirmed that documents have been filed in Santa Fe County.
The couple’s nine-year-old son has also been named as one of the parties in the case, said lawyer Brian Panish.
He said Baldwin “and others responsible for the safety of the set” were the goal of the trial.
“The reckless behavior and cost-cutting measures” of the actor and producers “led to the death of Halina Hutchins,” Mr Panish said.
Hutchins was killed and director Joel Souza was wounded when the gun Baldwin used during a rehearsal on October 21 fired a real bullet.
Baldwin, 63, said he had been told the gun was “cold” – meaning it was safe to handle and fired without pulling the trigger.
The lawyers also revealed an animated video that recreates the shooting.
No charges have been filed yet, and the incident is still under investigation.
At least three other shooting cases have been filed, but this is the first directly related to one of those shot.
Rust shooting: Alec Baldwin named husband of Halina Hutchins’ wrongful death case | Ents and art news
Source link Rust shooting: Alec Baldwin named husband of Halina Hutchins’ wrongful death case | Ents and art news