Rebecca Maddern quit her lucrative hosting job at Channel Nine and the Australian Ninja Warrior last month after working on the network for over five years.
And she now seems likely to return to the old springboard of Channel Seven.
On saturday, Herald Sun The 44-year-old TV moderator reported that he would join Seven’s stubborn Mike Amore as co-sponsor of the weekend breaking news in early 2022.
Homecoming: Rebecca Maddern is “expected” to return Channel Seven in an exciting new role after leaving Nine and co-sponsoring an Australian Ninja Warrior.
According to the publication, the studio and news desk in Melbourne have been redesigned and minor changes have been made to accommodate the two news teams.
There is also speculation that they may present a summer version of the weekday breaking news in January.
The Daily Mail Australia has contacted Rebecca’s management for comment.
Rumors of having Channel Seven jump the ship began to swirl earlier this month after Rebecca suddenly quit Channel Nine last month.
Going Forward: TV host, 44, quit her co-hosting role in the Australian Ninja Warrior with Channel Nine and Ben Fordham last month.
Familiar Face: On Saturday, TV moderator Mike Amor, 44, was reported to join the network’s powerful Mike Amor (pictured) and co-sponsor the weekend breaking news in early 2022.
At that time, she was said to be “on the verge of signing a contract with Seven,” and played various roles from 2002 to 2016.
The pairing of Madhan and Amor is in line with the successful “Men-Women” formula in Seven News Sydney’s weekend news, led by Angela Cox and Michael Asher.
It was after Ben Fordham, co-host of Madhan’s former Australian Ninja Warrior, said he knew exactly where she was heading.
News Team: According to the publication, Melbourne’s studio and news desk have been redesigned and minor changes have been made to accommodate the two news teams.Rebecca on the left and Mike on the right
Colleague: That was after Ben Fordham, co-host of Madhan’s former Australian Ninja Warrior, said she “predicted” her return to Seven.
Speak in You’re kidding In a podcast on Thursday, Fordham bet that Madhan would return to Seven’s old springboard.
“I make this prediction, and I want to emphasize that she didn’t tell me this, but I say she appears on Channel Seven,” he said.
“She goes back to Channel Seven. That’s my hint. It’s Channel Seven … or Channel 10. I can’t imagine Beck on ABC or SBS,” he added.
Fordham also said he believed that Madhan would “take a very short time” before being snapped to another television network.
A new start: Maddern started working at Seven in 2002 and was a news reporter for programs such as Seven Afternoon News and Sunrise. Sunrise news leader Edwinner Bartholomew was filmed during his 14-year tenure at Seven.
“Rebecca will not sit on the sidelines for too long. She will appear somewhere else,” he said.
Madhan began working at Seven in 2002 and was a news reporter for programs such as Seven Afternoon News and Sunrise.
She left Seven in 2016 and soon signed to Nine.
Madhan confirmed that he had left Nine at the end of last month after spending nearly six years on the network.
Jump Ship: She left Seven in 2016 and immediately signed Channel Nine.
She is believed to have quit Following the stagnation of contract negotiations with Nine.
The Herald Sun Madhan reported that he broke up with Nine after being offered a “low-wage deal”, reflecting the fact that he resigned from Weekend Today in 2022.
Leaving this weekend would have meant that her mission would be limited to hosting Australian Ninja Warriors and tennis coverage, including the Australian Open.
Madhan, who apparently paid a six-digit salary, is said to have rejected the offer.
Explosion from the past: Rebecca is believed to have resigned after stagnation in contract negotiations with Nine.The photo is Rebecca at sunrise
Rebecca Madern reveals an exciting new role
Source link Rebecca Madern reveals an exciting new role