- Government provides միլիոն 15 million in funding for 9 Rehabilitation of Your Railway projects
- comes in 2020 with the launch of Restore Your Railway, just like the one after the successful reopening of the Dartmoor line.
- The schemes will receive funding to kick-start the reopening of local communities across the country
Railway Secretary Wendy Morton has announced և 15 million to fund «9 England Railroad schemes to reuse unused railways, services և stations, including some of the axes of the 1950s and ’60s. Back in 1930, Hexby Station from York to the Scarborough Line.
It: Restoring your railway stock was announced in January 2020 as part of the smoothing agenda, when the government pledged միլիոն 500 million to fulfill its manifest obligation to start reopening lines and stations.
The foundation starts և promotes the development of projects և has already had success with them Reopening of Dartmoor Line. Communities across England are now closer to reconnecting by improving access to jobs, housing and education.
This funding will continue to develop some of the schemes identified through the Ideas Fund, which provides development funding for a total of 38 schemes in the early stages.
This announcement comes after the completion of the Dartmoor Line աբ reopening, which was delivered on an early և budget. The restored line was very popular, with more than 50,000 trips delivered in the first 20 weeks after the line reopened, more than double the projected number.
Railway Secretary Wendy Morton said:
This funding will reunite communities long cut off from the railroad.
The last time you took a train from Hexby Station was in 1930, when George V was on the throne, and The Times had just published the first crossword puzzle in its history. But now, with this funding, communities across England can be reunited with our railways.
This foundation is a great example of how we are committed to helping communities across the country reconnect people and businesses with new opportunities.
The 9 schemes receiving funding are:
- Aldridge Station ի Line upgrade in Walsall
- Barrow Hill Line between Sheffield և Chesterfield և
- The Ivanhoe Line between Leicester and Burton in Trent
- Meir Station in Stockfordshire, North Staffordshire
- Hexby Station From York to Scarborough Line
- Fleetwood Railway Rehabilitation
- Ferryhill Station in Durham County
- Mid Cornwall Underground, connected by Newkey, Truron և Falmouth
- Devizes Station in Pussy ես Westbury’s Wiltshire
By funding these lines and stations for redevelopment, the government is leveling up local communities by providing transformational opportunities for people to travel to work, go to school, see family, and friends.
Moving on railroads ացման to reopen stations, including one not used during the reign of King George V
SourceMoving on railroads ացման to reopen stations, including one not used during the reign of King George V