The data was published by DirectLine based on the analysis Metro Police data on 32 districts of London և coincides with the introduction of new legislation allowing judges to apply life imprisonment. Dangerous drivers և careless drivers who kill under the influence drugs և alcohol. From 2019 to 2021, London witnessed more than two cases of truck unloading per day, with a total of 2,663 incidents, which is nine incidents for every 10,000 registered vehicles.
Croydon is the district in London with the highest number of transport cases in the last three years.
A total of 139 incidents accounted for five per cent of London’s total (139 incidents), an average of 67 per cent.
Anfield is second with 132 trucks from 2019 to 2021, followed by Newham (128) and Brent (125).
On the contrary, the districts with the lowest level of cargo transportation in the last three years are Kingston Thames (30), Kensington և Chelsea (40) and Richmond Thames (42).
The findings are part of DirectLine’s Truth About Car Theft campaign, in partnership with the University of Huddersfield.
One of the car thieves who was interviewed for the research said. “Now a new generation of children is coming, where, as I say, some of them tend not to worry about violence, to get what they need.”
Professor Rachel Armitage, a professor of criminology at the University of Huddersfield, said: “In our research, we have gained an invaluable insight into the prevention of car criminals.
“We will encourage all car owners to take steps to keep their car safe and not assume that their space is limited.
“Simple actions, such as not leaving valuables in the car, taking the car keys to bed, folding the wings in the mirrors, can all help make the car look less attractive to criminals.”
DirectLine outlines seven steps drivers can take to reduce the risk of being targeted or help bring their car back if stolen.
- Trackers. Using a search engine inside the car can play a big role in getting that car
- Alarms. The use of traffic sensors on highways, especially the use of recorded audio, will usually prevent a car thief from entering vehicles.
- Cleanliness. Having a clean car also helps, as the car thief will see a messy car և usually thinks there is something valuable under the mess.
- Keys. Instead of putting the car keys to sleep, instead of putting them down. If a car thief can see the keys down on the floor table, he will most likely try to pick them up to get into the car.
- Lights. Installing a flashing LED light on the roof of a car can deter car thieves as it makes vehicles more visible. Parking in the street light or on a well-lit road can deter thieves
- Entry / exit noise. For example, having a gravel road. Noise is a deterrent to car thieves.
- A car, lights or even a dog behind the gate are the biggest deterrent to car thieves.
London news. The capital is the capital of the British car industry, with more than two incidents a day Great Britain |: news
Source London news. The capital is the capital of the British car industry, with more than two incidents a day Great Britain |: news