Entertainment

John Barrowman says Doctor Who’s claim is exaggerated, but admits it was “stupid behavior.”Ent & Arts News

John Barrowman said his “stupid behavior” on Doctor Who’s set was exaggerated following the allegations that he repeatedly exposed himself on the set.

In the first television interview since the complaint occurred in early 2021, the actor admitted that he was “extremely nervous” about dealing with the situation, and his actions 15 years ago are now “never”. I said that.

Barrowman Appeared as Captain Jack Harkness BBC One sci-fi series Doctor Who It also appeared in episodes from 2005 to 2010, and after 2020 and 2021. He also starred as a Torchwood character in the sister show from 2006 to 2011.

image:
Barrowman introduces an all-star musical. Photo: Kieron McCarron / ITV / PA

After being accused of flashing during the production of both shows, the 54-year-old said he had participated in the “Tom Foolery,” but it was never intended or interpreted as sexual in nature. I denied it.

In Lorraine on I TV on Monday, Barrowman said:

“It was done within the set and we were like a family working together. The fact that it was the story I had already talked about, I’ve been talking to them for years . I’m not hiding anything.

“They are exaggerated and tried to turn into sexual harassment, but absolutely not.

“For me, one of the things that wasn’t there for all the people making a fuss about it. They don’t know the context of what was done. As I said, I never do it now. Will not.

“But the media and everything that’s happening just to sell newspapers doesn’t allow people and I to continue bashing, which doesn’t allow people to learn to adapt and change. Hmm-and that’s the most important thing. “

Subscribe to the Backstage Podcast at Apple Podcasts, Google podcast, Spotify, Spree car

Earlier this year, ITV confirmed that Barrowman would not return as a judge for the next series of celebrity skate shows, the Dancing on Ice. He appeared on the show as a contestant in 2006 and has been on the panel since 2019.

However, Star said his departure was irrelevant to the claim and was prompted by playing another role in the All-Star musical, also in the ITV series.

In May, he posted a video on social media Thanks to the fans for supporting him After the allegations have been published.

“It made a lot of sense to me, and I was really impressed to know that people supported me, supported me, and sent their love and all their gratitude and kind words,” he said. rice field.

John Barrowman says Doctor Who’s claim is exaggerated, but admits it was “stupid behavior.”Ent & Arts News

Source link John Barrowman says Doctor Who’s claim is exaggerated, but admits it was “stupid behavior.”Ent & Arts News

Back to top button