To understand which specialists and in what quantity are required for an IT project, it is necessary to conduct preliminary analytics. It allows you to learn about the scope of the planned work, goals, and objectives.
Not all managers have enough experience and knowledge to assemble a qualified team capable of working to achieve common goals. Therefore, entrusting the search and IT staff augmentation services to specialized companies is better. The main task is to assemble a team of employees who can fulfill the project according to the given parameters and characteristics. And they should do it qualitatively and within the set deadlines.
Composition of the IT team
IT projects can be different in form and purpose. Usually, they are online stores, mobile applications, websites, information portals, services, and web applications. If we talk about the classic variant, the standard team consists of 4-6 specialists:
- team leaders;
- developers (frontend, backend, or full-stack);
- web designers;
- technical support staff.
In some situations, you can only do with the help of contractors to perform minor and infrequent tasks. If you are launching from scratch, entering a new market, then starting with a minimal team of IT specialists and gradually expanding the staff is better.
Criteria for selecting IT specialists
It is easy to gather a few people together and set them a task. But what matters here is how efficiently and qualitatively they will work. Therefore, when selecting employees for the IT team, start from several criteria.
- In many ways, the result depends on how all employees will observe discipline, work in a coordinated manner, and quickly transmit accurate information. If someone from your team delays the delivery of the project and makes the others wait and redo their work, it is worth having a detailed conversation. If it doesn’t help, then the solution is to fire him and find a more qualified person to take vacant place;
- Common goal. Each of the team members should understand what goals the project is pursuing and strive to achieve an expected result. When everyone is worried only about their part of the work and ambitions, then it is no longer teamwork. Such situations usually lead to layoffs and the collapse of the IT project;
- Presence of a leader. The project leader should always be one person who is recognized by the whole team. If everyone tries to take the role of a leader, it will provoke disagreements, conflicts and increase the tension in the group. In such an environment, one cannot expect good results;
- Personal responsibility. Each employee makes a specific contribution to the overall project. Therefore, everyone should be responsible for the amount of work they have done. If the team tries to shift the blame to other people, it will turn into unpleasant consequences. Therefore, it is significant for the executive and project manager to distribute roles and responsibilities and ensure teamwork;
- To make specialists work better and faster, you need some motivation. It can be bonuses, salary increases, career growth, and other forms of encouragement. Motivation is lost when a person works diligently, develops, and improves their skills, but this is not reflected in the financial well-being. Often such employees quit to find a job with more favorable conditions.
As you can see, you need to create a team of IT specialists, organize their work correctly and retain valuable staff.