“Some people have all the luck”, you may think observing financial triumphs of the top B2B companies in various industries that seem to live in clover, making money hand over fist. However, luck has little to do with their business accomplishments. As a rule, such blue-chip ventures know all secrets of B2B lead generation at belkins.io or practice B2B lead generation outsourcing to competent partners, so that getting new B2B leads becomes like shooting fish in a barrel.
For startups and new businesses, such a mastery of attracting leads may appear miraculous. But behind such superficial ease of engaging fresh sales leads there lies an all-out effort of the personnel or a recruited B2B lead generation company, profound knowledge of human psychology, and workmanlike employment of both time-honored and cutting-edge strategies instrumental in picking up business leads and turning them into prospects.
Useful Tips on Finding B2B Sales Leads
We are almost sure that you know a thing or two about business-to-business lead generation so that forum presence and cold calls, engaging influencers and guest blogging, SEO measures and referrals are trivial methods for you to employ, to say nothing of simple buying lead lists. Yet, there is always room for improvement and learning about offbeat tactics of attracting business sales leads.
In the cut-throat competition that exists in the realm, you shouldn’t miss a single opportunity to revise your approaches and come on par with professional B2B sales lead generation companies, getting business leads quicker and cheaper. What underestimated or neglected methods can become a competitive differentiator for your organization?
1. Content Reigns Supreme
Long past and forgotten are the times when cinching sales was synonymous with being loud and imposing. Such an approach can no longer guarantee success in drawing and keeping sales leads in any sector and B2B is no exception. What individuals and organizations look for since recently is high-quality captivating content. That is why you should focus on content marketing, making it a cornerstone of your sales pipeline like the majority of your competitors do.
What are the ways of content-driven lead generation?
- Sales emails. How do you picture a typical employee starting their mundane routine in the office? (S)he sits down at the computer and checks the inbox for new messages (and does it regularly during the working day). And according to researches, this story is true for two-thirds of workers in our IT-driven world. But B2B organizations receive dozens if not hundreds of emails daily, so yours must stand out among the rest to catch the attention of your future clients.
How that can be achieved? There are a plethora of ways to be informative and personalized, which is what people value. Attaching an article to the signature, offering to send a case study or a guidebook, and making other steps in this vein will keep their interest long enough for you to move in for the kill.
The major pitfall on the road of email marketing is a chance that your messages will never reach the addressee resting in peace in their spam bin. How can you avoid it? The spam checker is just what the doctor ordered. By installing email spam checker software you will make sure your message is delivered for the curious eyes to read.
- Videos. Modern people prefer short instructive videos to reading lengthy texts, especially when it goes about how-to manuals. You don’t have to be an accomplished film director or even a popular YouTube channel owner to make a video that would explain to people the advantages of your product and show how to make the best use of it.
- Presentations. If you delivered a speech at some event that dwelt upon the features of your product you can share it via different channels and provide a link to the information on the event where it occurred. By doing that, you will foster trust and add authority to your business reputation.
- Application forms. This is a humdrum method that, however, can bring a spectacular outcome when handled properly. The trick is in making it not overburdened with detail but not very laconic and thus deficient in scope either. It should contain only the fields mission-critical for further communication and helping leads to solve their particular problem.
2. Don’t Neglect Events
Socialization is a bread-and-butter activity of human life in the early third millennium, so being where your audiences are can be extraordinarily helpful for getting new leads. Attending and organizing various events you have another chance to meet the right people at the right moment (when they are very approachable) and present your product or service. What events are the best venues for lead generation?
- Trade shows. This is a second-to-none place to meet qualified leads from your niche. Be there to get to know your prospective clients face-to-face and promote your product.
- Open house. This is even better because you invite all stakeholders to visit your facilities where you can rise to the occasion and impress them with meticulous planning, perfect organization, considerate attitude, and informative panels.
- Webinars. The vicious onslaught of the global plague dealt live events a severe blow but they are increasingly replaced with webinars, online workshops, and other IT-powered remote activities.
But it’s an ill wind that blows no one any good. By adopting this form of get-together you can extend your reach to all corners of the world finding eager ears to listen to your case study presentation or sharing your experience with the audiences no matter where they might hail from.
A Recap on B2B Lead Generation
What are the lead generation key takeaways?
- Make content your forte. You can experiment with formats and delivery channels but one thing that should remain your priority is top-notch content representing your products in a favorable light.
- Overhaul application forms. Fine-tuning this coal-and-ice marketing method you can increase lead generation that would finalize in the subsequent conversion.
- Personalize contacts. By making people feel valued you can move heaven and earth.
- Foster relationships. Once you display genuine interest in clients’ needs and understanding of their problems you will turn from a business partner into something more – a companion and ally to rely on and stay with for years to come.
- Mind the events. Make it a rule of thumb to attend webinars, exhibitions, or trade shows at least weekly (either online or offline). There you will get in touch with new people, acquire necessary connections, and pick up current trends.
A Bonus from a Seasoned B2B Lead Generation Company: Bad Ways of Getting Leads
What are the two main lead generation don’ts that will waste your time and money, yielding no palpable results?
1. Forget Facebook and Instagram
While social networks are generally a great venue to find leads, you should realize which media to stick with. Facebook and Instagram (as well as Twitter and Tiktok) are more about memes and fun so they are a B2C realm. Serious B2B clients dwell in LinkedIn and this is where your lead hunt should take you.
2. Shun Printed Advertising
This is one of the most expensive channels of making yourself heard and seen – and perhaps the most useless for B2B companies. So leave it to global behemoths and focus instead on digital engagement instruments and platforms your customers prefer.
Getting sales leads is an art that is quite tricky and time-consuming, more so when it is a B2B lead generation undertaking. In this realm, you should publish unique and authentic content, send personalized emails, hang out at places (both physical and virtual) frequented by your niche audience – in a word, go all lengths to reach out to your prospective customers and win their interest and trust.
But before you try any of these strategies you should take pains to know thy client. By creating an ideal customer profile you will picture your target audiences, their values, and the problems they want to solve. Being aware of these fundamentals, you will be able to use them as a benchmark for choosing the engagement means that will bring fresh leads to your company in droves.