- HRT Supply Task Force ղեկավար industry leader identifies immediate action to improve short-term supply ապահով to ensure continued stability
- Subsequent Serious Deficiency Protocols (SSPs) were issued to provide pharmacists with the flexibility to substitute appropriate products.
Urgent action continues to be taken to improve the delivery of HRT products, helping those in need with access to vital medicines.
As the government has worked to address HRT supply, taking steps to do so, such as SSPs for some products, such as Madeleine McTernan appointed HRT Supply Task Force, HRT access is being improved by helping those they need it. vital medicine.
Availability of Premique Low Dose has been improved due to SSPs released on April 29 to limit the supply of Oestrogel, Ovestin և Premique Low Dose for three months. As these measures have been taken, further deliveries of all three products have taken place, with Premique Low Dose returning to good availability this week. Manufacturers of Oestrogel և Ovestin, as well as suppliers of alternative HRT products, are taking steps to increase UK supply.
Following a positive engagement with pharmacists, the government has launched additional SSPs that allow pharmacists to safely offer high-demand replacement products for women: Oestrogel, Ovestin ointment, Lenzetto transdermal spray և Sandrena gel packs, with appropriate alternatives such as transdermal patches. : are well supplied.
Enabling women to replace their products is a safe, effective way to ensure that HRT continues to be available to anyone who needs it և Women can continue to manage their menopausal symptoms. Anyone with questions or concerns about HRT should talk to their GP or pharmacist. Clinical advice for these SSPs has been obtained from national experts, including physicians from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Royal College of Menopausal Women.
SSPs that limit prescriptions for a maximum of three months will also be issued for replacement products as a precautionary measure to maintain the supply of those substitutes.
The move follows the efficient use of HRT Supply Task Force Madeleine McTernan’s existing inter-industry resources, including the provision of supply-enhancing measures, both in the near future and to ensure stability in the future.
The meetings also led some suppliers to take swift action to provide additional stocks of HRT products that were in short supply, leading to a good supply of Premique Low Dose, which was previously in short supply.
Secretary of Health and Social Care Sajid Javid said.
We work to make HRT accessible to anyone who needs it, I’m glad to see suppliers continue to increase the supply of some products, which is a testament to the collaborative approach being taken.
Meetings with suppliers continue, և we take decisive action to manage HRT supply issues և reduce delays. This includes the release of additional SSPs so that women can use the medicines they need.
HRT Supply Task Force Chief Madeleine McTernan said:
I am very encouraged by the constructive involvement of the industry, the enthusiasm with which suppliers and pharmacists want to work with us to meet this challenge.
“Focusing on the means that ensure we can use resources more efficiently while ensuring the need to increase supply.”
The Minister of Women’s Health Maria Caulfield said.
Improving supply stability is a potential way to increase menopausal support for women in menopause to improve their quality of life.
Women’s health is a priority for this government. We work around the clock to ensure HRT delivery is sustainable now: in the long run.
The NHSE guidelines make it clear that prescriptions are not limited to formula lists;
It: British Menopause Association The HRT supply resource provides information on selecting alternative HRT products. Moreover, information on which formulations are most suitable for different populations և combined diseases can be found NICE Website:.
NHS encourages appointments to check HRT products before appointment NHS England Specialist Pharmacy Service Website: Contact local pharmacies to discover available stock; agree on appropriate alternatives if needed.
The MHRA reminded HRT producers and suppliers of the steps they could take to reduce supply shortages, supplemented the existing guide by holding workshops on May 16 with representatives of manufacturers, community pharmacies, and wholesalers: to ensure that these provisions are understood. This includes confirming that pharmacies have the flexibility to share medicines where needed. The MHRA is also working to integrate their guide so that it is accessible from a single web page և it will be available soon.
The vast majority of HRT products remain available, և alternatives are available for any product with supply problems.
- On April 29, the Secretary of Health and Social Welfare provided three SPSs [restrict dispensing for Oestrogel, Ovestin and Premique Low Dose to three months’ supply](Three-month limit for 3 HRT products for continuous access – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- Additional SSPs were provided Allow community pharmacists, in consultation with patients, to provide clear alternatives to these HRT products without the need for authorization from the prescribing clinic. Clinical advice for these SSPs has been obtained from national experts, including physicians from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Royal College of Menopausal Women. Additional SSPs have been issued to limit the supply of estradiol cream for two substitute products, estradiol cases, for up to three months to ensure that supply is maintained.
- This indicates that these products have been consumed, but will provide more flexibility for pharmacists to ensure that more people can continue to use the medicines they need.
- Products that can be replaced in case of unavailability: Oestrogel, Ovestin ointment, Lenzetto 1.53 mg transdermal spray և Sandrena 0.5 mg և 1 mg gel packs.
- More about Secretary of Health Madeleine Macternan և Minister Caulfield Meeting with suppliers and manufacturers
- MHRA Guide: Allows drug delivery to pharmacies without the need for a WDA (wholesale / dealer license). it happens sometimes. The number of supplied drugs is small. The supply is carried out on a non-profit basis. և Supply is not intended for further wholesale distribution.
Further steps have been taken to improve the supply of HRT
SourceFurther steps have been taken to improve the supply of HRT