The best dad jokes in the world can be revealed after thousands of “funny” dads fought it in a non-laughing competition.
To celebrate Father’s Day, more than 2,700 gag-loving dads have submitted the best or worst jokes.
#BestDadJokes became a trend on Twitter as his father fought to win the Aldi Mamia Best Dad Joke contest.
Stand-up comedian Mark Watson participated in the contest judging and chose his two fathers Austin May from Bedworth, Warwickshire as the overall winners.
Here are his winning jokes:
I once hired a limousine, but when it arrived, the man driving it went away!
“Excuse me, why don’t you drive?”
The man told me that the price did not include the driver …
… So I spent £ 400 on a limousine and nothing to drive it!
Among Mark’s other favorite entries:
• Why did the man fall from the well? Because he didn’t look at it well!
• What did the pirates say on their 80th birthday? “Aye Matey!”
• Someone glued a pack of my cards-I don’t know how to handle it.
• What do you call a zombie that cooks stir fry?The dead man woke up
• I was wondering why Frisbee kept looking bigger and bigger, but it hit me.
• I stood behind the customer at the ATM and he turned around and said, “Can you check my balance?” -So I pushed him. His balance wasn’t very good.
• Why did the Scarecrow win the award? Because he was standing in his field!
• What did Dad’s buffalo say to his son when he went to work?bison
• Two men entered the bar. The third man is a duck.
• What do you call a blind dinosaur? Doyouthinkhesaurus!
Watson explains why the ideal father gag is, saying: Balance!
“When judging this contest, I was on the lookout for very terrible jokes, they were really good.
“You don’t have to be a dad to make a dad’s joke, but I think talking to a really terrible person is a rite of passage when you become a dad.”
Father’s Day: Thousands of “funny” dads submitted the best dad jokes.This was the winner | UK News
Source Father’s Day: Thousands of “funny” dads submitted the best dad jokes.This was the winner | UK News