“Disgusting” hotel guests remained frightened after discovering “blood-stained” bed sheets and “moldy” showers.
They also reported that a “wet” odor remained in the rooms of the Green King-owned Regate Hotel in Preston, Lancashire.
A TripAdvisor user who blamed the hotel on the travel website said he booked a room for two nights in August and would have shortened his trip if he hadn’t paid for the stay. LancsLive Report.
It wasn’t all negative-guests were happy with the “cheap and cheerful” food offered by the restaurant and staff.
Have you had an even worse experience? Email email@example.com
In a two-star review, guests claim that one of the duvets is covered with something that looks like “blood spots,” but this has not been confirmed.
They also complained that the bathroom door did not close.
The review states: “I used to stay here without any problems when I was at the Premier Inn.
“We arrived in a dirty and damp room. The bathroom doors did not close and the main room smelled damp. The bathroom had a moldy shower, it was cold and very very There is no water pressure in the slippery shower.
“One of the duvets was covered with what looked like blood spots. The receptionist was nice, but I didn’t like the room itself.
“We wouldn’t have stayed two nights if I hadn’t paid yet. I’m waiting for their” customer care “team to contact me.
“The restaurant itself is great, the food is cheap and cheerful, and we all enjoyed the meal.”
Greene King apologized for the complaint.
The problem was investigated and steps were taken to improve the hotel experience.
A spokesperson for Regate said:
“Following our visit and comments in August, we thoroughly investigated all the points raised and took steps to improve the hotel experience.
“A hotel renovation was planned that was delayed due to the pandemic. We apologize for the disappointment of our guests on this occasion.”
TripAdvisor posts have been deleted.
“Disgusting” hotel guests were horrified after discovering “bloody” bed sheets and “moldy” showers
Source“Disgusting” hotel guests were horrified after discovering “bloody” bed sheets and “moldy” showers