World

Copenhagen shootings suspect uploaded YouTube videos of him holding guns day before mall attack | Science & Tech News

The day before the shooting at a shopping center in Copenhagen, a man who believed to be the 22-year-old suspect arrested by Danish police, uploaded several videos on YouTube.

Three of these videos shared the same title of “I Can’t Care” and featured the man pointing a shotgun and a pistol at his own head.

In the description field of one of the videos, the uploader wrote “Quetiapine does not work” referring to an anti-psychotic drug licensed in Denmark to treat schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and major depression.

On Monday, Copenhagen police said a man accused of shootings was sentenced by the city court for 24 days to a psychiatric ward.

Photos of the gun in the mall matched the clothes the suspect was wearing on YouTube, including a sleeveless vest and khaki cargo shorts.

The man does not speak during the videos, but poses in various positions and points the shotgun against his own head while demonstrating the pull of the tractor.

These videos and the suspect’s channel have now been removed YouTube for what the platform said were violations of its community guidelines.

More about Copenhagen Shooting

A spokesman told Sky News: “Our hearts go out to the victims of this horrific tragedy in Copenhagen.

“Following the horrific attack, our Trust and Security Teams identified infringement content and quickly removed it, in accordance with our Community Guidelines.

“We continue to monitor the situation and work together with the authorities,” she added.

Sky News was able to view and record the videos in the aftermath of the shooting before they were filmed.

Danish police say there is no indication that the shooting on Sunday was terror-related and that they believe that the gunman apparently acted alone and randomly selected his victims.

Three people died, along with several other people injured, four of them critically.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Gunman opens fire in mall

At a press conference on Monday morning, Copenhagen chief inspector Soren Thomassen said that one of the three murdered was a Russian citizen Denmarkwhile two Swedes and two Danes were seriously injured.

Mr Thomassen said the suspect would be arraigned later Monday on preliminary charges of murder.

Police were called at 5.37pm and 11 minutes later they had arrested the suspect, a 22-year-old who was described as an “ethnic Dane” – understood that he was white and from Denmark.

The incident happened at the Fields shopping center in the south of Copenhagen.

Recordings show the suspected pistler wearing a vest or sleeveless shirt and holding what appeared to be a gun.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

At the time the shooter was arrested

The Danish Prime Minister, Mette Frederiksen, said the country had been hit by a “brutal attack”.

“It’s incomprehensible. Heartbreaking. Pointless,” she said.

“Our beautiful and usually so safe capital was transformed into a split second.”

It was the worst gun attack in Denmark since February 2015, when a 22-year-old man was killed in a shooting with police after going into the capital killing two people and wounding five policemen.

Copenhagen shootings suspect uploaded YouTube videos of him holding guns day before mall attack | Science & Tech News

Source link Copenhagen shootings suspect uploaded YouTube videos of him holding guns day before mall attack | Science & Tech News

Back to top button