Entertainment

“Broken Heart” Cinderella’s cast of Lloyd Webber hits after cancellation of the show | Ents and art news

Actors from “Cinderella” by Andrew Lloyd Webber said they were devastated after they were told that the show was canceled just before they went on stage.

The show tweeted that its London performance would end on June 12, less than a year after the start, with the theatrical impresario planning a version of Broadway for next year.

Many productions have struggled with the isolation of actors and crew due to COVID, along with the long period when they were forced to close due to blockages.

Carrie Hope Fletcher, who plays Cinderella, hinted that she was furious at being told they were losing their jobs.

She tweeted: “I don’t think I have the words. And if I had, they would probably advise me not to say them. I send my love to all those affected by today’s news and the way this news was delivered. “

Image:
Lord Lloyd Webber said he was “devastated” when Cinderella was forced to stop because of the Omicron version earlier this year

The cast was said in a statement from management shortly before Sunday’s performance, according to entertainment website Deadline.

He reportedly thanked staff for their “immeasurable contribution” and said he was “deeply saddened”, but cited the “incredible challenge” of launching a new show amid the pandemic.

More on Andrew Lloyd Webber

Several actors who are set to take on roles in the coming months have also expressed shock.

Summer Stralen tweeted that she found out she was “fired through social media” after a friend sent her an article.

She posted an emotional video of how she reacted to the news.

Bake Off and Strictly Come Dancing star John Waite was set to take on the role of the Charming Prince in July and said the show’s death was “heartbreaking” – especially for the current cast and crew.

He said on Instagram: “I was lucky enough to watch Cinderella in December 2021 and it was one of the most wonderful musicals I’ve seen in a long time.

“I was so excited to join the cast, it was a lifelong dream come true, but unfortunately it’s not right now. Who knows what the future holds – I won’t lose hope.”

The union called the closing of the show a “heartless attack on Cinderella’s dignity” and said staff should be compensated.

In an earlier statement, Lord Lloyd Webber said he was “incredibly proud” of the show.

“Not only have we received some of the best reviews of my career, but we have taken on the task of reopening the West End, ensuring that theater and live entertainment remain up to date in the news,” he added.

“While organizing a new show in the midst of COVID was an incredible challenge, we kept the government’s feet on fire throughout their heartbreak during the pandemic.

Cinderella’s premiere took place only in August, after it was rescheduled for COVID isolation protocols.

At the end of December, Lord Lloyd Webber said he was “absolutely devastated” after being forced to close until February due to an interruption caused by the Omicron variant.

It is repeated accused the government of not doing enough to support the theater industry during the pandemic.

“Broken Heart” Cinderella’s cast of Lloyd Webber hits after cancellation of the show | Ents and art news

Source link “Broken Heart” Cinderella’s cast of Lloyd Webber hits after cancellation of the show | Ents and art news

Back to top button