A man died three days after a “giant teddy bear” dog bit his arm-inheriting a deadly infection.
62-year-old Pauline Day said her family had been torn apart by a tragedy that killed her brother and left her husband with multiple amputations.
Pauline’s brother Barry Harris, 46, bought a Japanese Akita dog (named Ted) called a “giant teddy bear” for £ 1,500.
But in July, the dog snapped to Barry’s arm-leaving him a heavily infected wound that developed for three days before causing cardiac arrest.
A month later, on Barry’s funeral day, Pauline’s husband, Mark (61), was walking his dog when he was bitten by Ted.
Mark was immediately hospitalized and amputated all fingers of his left hand. Due to sepsis from Ted’s toxic bite, he will amputate his legs next week.
The family said they didn’t know Ted was a silent killer with deadly bacteria crawling in his mouth.
“They weren’t even attacked. Ted literally broke the skin of her husband and brother,” said Pauline from Colchester, Essex.
She said: “It was the softest dog, but it had food problems. Whenever it was near food, it was very aggressive.
“I think I was abused as a puppy.”
Barry bought Ted through Facebook’s private cellar at his London apartment in May this year for a “good company” after the dissolution.
Within six weeks together, Ted bit Barry while trying to remove the animal’s bones from his mouth. The arm quickly swollen and became ill with cold sweat and a headache.
A month later, Mark explained that his feet felt “like a lump of ice” after being bitten, but he had a hangover.
He was taken to the hospital three days later at a temperature of 39 ° C before entering cardiac arrest and suffered from multiple organ failure.
What is sepsis?
Sepsis is life-threatening and is the leading cause of death from infections around the world.
Sepsis is the body’s extreme response to infection and can lead to tissue damage, organ failure, and death.
It’s the leading cause of death from infections around the world-more than that Combination of intestinal cancer, breast cancer, and prostate cancer..
The condition is not contagious and cannot be transferred from person to person.
When a person has a small cut, the surrounding tissue becomes red and swollen and warm to the touch. This is the body’s immune response to kill the bacteria that cause the infection.
when Sepsis When it does occur, the system will overdrive.
The symptoms are:
-Fever and chills
-Dyspnea or fast breathing
-Rapid heart rate
– Low blood pressure
-Low urine output
If you or your loved one seems to be suffering from sepsis, you should treat it as an emergency medical treatment and immediately call 999.
Pauline said: “It’s a nightmare. You don’t believe this happened.
“The shock of my brother and my husband was one thing. It’s just surreal.”
Doctors told Paulin that Mark’s condition was “100 percent” due to a bacterial infection from his dog.
Pauline defeated Ted on the same day.
Pauline then checked the documents given to Barry by Ted’s former owner, found that he had no vaccination history, and reported that they had given Barry a “wrong history.”
A 46-year-old man dies three days after a “giant teddy bear” dog bites his arm
SourceA 46-year-old man dies three days after a “giant teddy bear” dog bites his arm