The 32-year-old mother was arrested two days after being caught in a surveillance video “alone a 4-year-old girl” on Bronx Street shortly after midnight.
- Shidaya, a girl picked up by a New York Police Department police officer after midnight on Saturday
- She was found standing alone on the corner of East 156 Street and Prospect Avenue
- Her mother, Sadeekah Abdul Salaam, 32, abandoned her and went to a homeless shelter.
- Salaam was arrested on Monday but did not explain what happened
- Police released a surveillance video showing Shidaya walking with her mother about 10 minutes before being discovered by police.
- At some point the young man almost catches up with her, after which her mom leaves
- The girl is taken care of by the city’s Children’s Service Department
A 4-year-old girl found wandering New York City He was abandoned by his mother alone in the middle of the night.
Sadeekah Abdul Salaam, 32, left the girl alone on Bronx Street late Saturday night looking for a place to stay in a homeless shelter.
A child named Shidaya was picked up by a NYPD police officer on the corner of East 156 Street and Prospect Avenue in the Bronx shortly after midnight on Saturday.
A 4-year-old girl, who told police her name was Shidaya, was found wandering the streets of the Bronx after midnight on Saturday.
In the disastrous surveillance footage, the girl can be seen walking a little behind her mother.
At some point, Salaam turned around and saw the young man, but left before catching up.
Shidaya wore only a sweater without a jacket in 40 degree weather.
Police released a surveillance video showing Shidaya on the street about 10 minutes before being discovered by police officers early on Sunday morning.
On Monday, police identified Salaam as the girl’s mother and arrested her for abandoning her child for injuring her and putting her in reckless danger. New York Daily News.
Salaam made no statement at the time and sought a lawyer. She is currently waiting for arraignment in the Bronx Criminal Court.
After being greeted by a police officer, the girl was taken to NYC Health + Hospitals / Lincoln, where she was evaluated to be healthy.
Shidaya, on the other hand, is currently under the control of the Children’s Service Department.
Police have released a surveillance video showing Sidaya walking behind her mother, Saad Abdul-Salaam, 32.
In the video, a woman looks back at a girl crossing the street and chasing a few yards behind. The woman then stops, waits for the girl to catch up, and then both get out of the frame.
Initially, the NYPD did not immediately reveal whether the woman knew Shidaya, but later she was identified as the girl’s mother.
NYPD has asked anyone with more information related to Sidaya (pictured) to call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
A 32-year-old mother arrested a video of her arrest and left a 4-year-old girl alone on Bronx Street
Source link A 32-year-old mother arrested a video of her arrest and left a 4-year-old girl alone on Bronx Street