World

A 29-year-old woman remains terrifyingly burned across her chest after fainting in boiled chicken

A 29-year-old woman remained suffering three horrific burns throughout her chest after fainting from the pain of boiling chicken with melted skin on her chest and arms.

Abbey Reynolds almost died in a tragic accident on October 12, 2020. The accident helped save her life by pulling her away from a scorching hot pot after a sudden power outage while chatting with her roommate and before calling an ambulance. House.

Despite his roommate’s quick thinking, Abby suffered an “intolerant” injury that required three rounds of painful surgery, and she spent 20 days in the hospital while doctors were trying to repair the burn damage. I was forced to do so.

And even after all the surgery, she has scars on her chest and arms and suffers from self-confidence.

Injury: Abbey Reynolds from California remained suffering a painful burn in his chest after fainting in a pot of boiling chicken that had melted his chest skin.

Scars: The 29-year-old suffered three burns on her boobs when her roommate suddenly went black in the kitchen while preparing dinner.

Scars: The 29-year-old suffered three burns on her boobs when her roommate suddenly went black in the kitchen while preparing dinner.

Abbey also admits that she is struggling to understand the trauma of the accident she described as “life-changing” and does not think she will “become the same again” physically and mentally. ..

“It was a life-changing experience,” said a school psychologist. “I will never be physically or mentally the same person before an accident. It’s really hard to accept.”

Talking about the moment before the accident, Abbey remembered chatting with his roommate, event planner Margaret Williams, 30,. After that, she realized she was having a hard time keeping up with the conversation.

Her eyesight was blurred and she began to see “black spots”.

I couldn’t blink them, so I thought she would go and lie down.

“Margaret told me to go and sit down,” Abbey explained.

“The last thing I remember is walking towards the living room, but apparently I stopped and looked back at the microwave on the stove. I went black and fell into the food of the dish. rice field.”

When Abby woke up two minutes later, she explained that she couldn’t bear the pain of burns, the most “painful” and “unbearable” she had ever experienced.

Recovery: School psychologists were rushed to the hospital after the accident and had to undergo three different surgeries to repair the damage caused by the burns.

Recovery: School psychologists were rushed to the hospital after the accident and had to undergo three different surgeries to repair the damage caused by the burns.

Recovery: School psychologists were rushed to the hospital after the accident and had to undergo three different surgeries to repair the damage caused by the burns.

Long: She spent a total of 20 days in the hospital, during which time doctors tried to modify the appearance of her skin with an innovative procedure called RECELL, but failed.

Long: She spent a total of 20 days in the hospital, during which time doctors tried to modify the appearance of her skin with an innovative procedure called RECELL, but failed.

Inspired by adrenaline, she jumped up, screaming in suffering and escaping from the room.

“It was intolerable,” she recalled. “I thought I would die. I have never experienced such pain, and honestly I don’t think it will ever happen again. Even childbirth is not so painful.

Abbey’s housemate chased her to get rid of her bra and wet rags while waiting for the EMT to arrive. She was then taken to Medstar Washington Hospital, where she underwent three surgeries.

Initially, doctors sought to correct burn damage with an innovative procedure called RECELL surgery. In this procedure, a small skin graft is placed in buffer and sprayed back to the patient.

With this technique, a sample of the skin of a burn victim can be placed in a suspension and applied to the body.

However, Abbey’s burns were so severe that the procedure failed. Doctors were forced to endure two traditional skin graft surgeries.

“The first thing I felt when I saw a burn was a shock. I had never seen my skin look like that,” she recalled.

“Unbearable”: Talking about a “life-changing” accident, Abby remembered screaming in suffering when she woke up.

Learning: Abbey says the experience left her suffering from self-confidence-but it also helped her

Learning: Abbey says the experience left her suffering from self-confidence-but it also helped her “be kind to herself”

‘It was gray. Then I was afraid, I was completely surprised and afraid of the unknown. But when I had time to handle what happened, I was scared. After overcoming the first shock, I realized I was going on a long ride.

“Awakening after each surgery was one of the most difficult parts. It was very traumatic.”

Twenty days after hospitalization, Abbey is able to go home and learn to accept burns and accept new body images.

Abbey was discharged on November 1, 2020 and was able to return home.

She is now agreeing on her scars.

“The seriousness of the accident was very difficult to accept,” she said. “You basically have to mourn your old body and old life while trying to accept and appreciate your new self and life.

“All of these big scars are left on my body, so I realized how much time I wasted worrying about small stupid flaws that no one else would notice.

“But it made me kind to myself and forced me to thank my body for all the wonderful things it did for me.”

A 29-year-old woman remains terrifyingly burned across her chest after fainting in boiled chicken

Source link A 29-year-old woman remains terrifyingly burned across her chest after fainting in boiled chicken

Back to top button