If you’re reading this, you’re probably joining a mobile worker, even if you’re working remotely. This handful of OS iPhone tips should reduce daily friction a bit and increase your productivity.
No need to scroll anymore
Want to scroll through a website, document, or other one-handed? Try using a feature called Back Tap introduced in iOS 14. This allows you to set commands that can be executed by double-tapping or triple-tapping the back of your iPhone.
- Open [設定]>[ユーザー補助]>[タッチ]
- Scroll down the page Back tap Tap it
You can now select the action that triggers when you double-tap or triple-tap the back of your iPhone. There are dozens of options to choose from, but I double-tap to scroll down the page and triple-tap to scroll up again.
If you’re a little more adventurous, you can set up taps for specific shortcut routines, such as emailing what you’re looking at to yourself or tweeting a link and title.
Swipe two fingers in your busy inbox
This little hint has been around for a long time, but I’d like to point it out from time to time.You can tap when you need to delete a lot of emails edit Press the button and manually remove it if needed, which is easy.
- Lightly press and hold the first email you want to delete with two fingers.
- The email will move a little to the right and an edit box will appear, but hold your two fingers and swipe down on your inbox. Each touched email is automatically selected and can be deleted.
This saves a bit of time and feels natural right away.
Undo error with 3 fingers
I don’t think anyone really likes Apple’s shakes that undo gestures to undo errors. I felt it was stupid and disturbed my concentration. Nowadays, if you make a mistake entering a document or email, you can do one of the following:
- Swipe your three fingers to the left And small Undo The options appear at the top of the display.
- Single tap three fingers on the screen And menu included Undo Is displayed at the top of the display.
I think swiping with three fingers is the most reliable.
Share screenshots quickly
I came across a section of a web page or document that I need to share with a colleague. The easiest way to do this is to take a screenshot and tap and hold the preview at the bottom left of the display. next,[共有]You need to go directly to the menu.
This means that you are already in the shared space, so after opening the entire annotation screen[共有]Eliminates the need to tap.
Turn off Face ID or Touch ID
Business travelers with an iPhone may need to disable their biometric ID. Here’s a fast way to do this:
- Press and hold the side button and one of the volume buttons for 2 seconds.
- The device will vibrate slightly and you will see three sliders: slide to turn off, medical ID, emergency ID, cancel button.
- When the slider appears, you can lock your iPhone immediately by pressing the side button.
You will need to enter your passcode to open the device. Once entered, Face / Touch ID will be disabled. If you practice this a few times, you can do it with your phone in your pocket.
Stuck in advertising?
If you accidentally tap an ad on a web page, it’s really frustrating and you can’t go back to the original page once you open it. Apple covers this in the form of easy access to browser history.
Tap to get there quickly Hold down the small arrow Located at the bottom left of the browser window. The Context History Browser opens, where you can identify and tap to return to the page you want to read.
Some useful Siri tips
When listening, Siri is useful. Here are three tips I often use:
- The screen is too dark?? Ask Siri to increase or decrease the brightness. It also raises or lowers the volume.
- Airplane mode? Siri can enable or disable this on request.
- Share content quickly: When I’m viewing a web page that I want to share with someone, I tell Siri “This[連絡先ブックの名前付きの人]When you ask to send to, Siri will compose a message containing that content. There is also a handy comment field so you can add short notes. [anamedpersonfromyourContactsbook)”andSiriwillcreateyouaMessagewiththatcontentThere’sevenahandycommentfieldsoyoucanaddashortnote
実際にSiriと話す必要はないことを忘れないでください。 有効にすることができます Siriに入力する の [設定]>[ユーザー補助]>[Siri].. In the future, all you have to do is press the side button to launch Siri and enter your request. This is useful in public places.
Oh, another Siri tip: If you find it useful to see the real-time transcription of what you said to Siri, open it [設定]>[Siriと検索]>[Siriの応答]..Now turn it on Always show speech When you switch, the transcription will be displayed. (And you can better understand the words that Siri says you don’t understand.)
Bonus Tip: Scrub Video and Music
Would you like to watch a video in Safari, watch a movie on your TV, or listen to music in a music app? You’re probably familiar with the forward and back buttons out there, but they’re more capable than you might think. Press and hold either to scrub the content and give you easy access to the movie or music section you want to watch or listen to.
Copyright © 2022 IDG Communications, Inc.
8+ useful iPhone tips to improve your productivity
Source link 8+ useful iPhone tips to improve your productivity