During his long reign of over 70 years, many facts can be connected with him Queen: And 70 were compiled by Buckingham Palace.
From the information, details and lists provided by the royal assistants, here is a portrait of the queen’s life in numbers.
– The Queen has sent more than 300,000 greeting cards to people celebrating their 100th birthday, and more than 900,000 messages to couples celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary (60th anniversary).
– More than 180 garden parties have been held at Buckingham Palace since the Queen ascended the throne in 1952, during which more than 1.5 million people attended the Garden Party.
There were 14 presidents of the United States during His Majesty’s time, with the exception of President Lyndon B. Johnson (1963-99).
– To mark the 2012 Diamond Jubilee, the Thames Diamond Jubilee Competition was held on June 3, 2012 with 670 boats participating. River Thamesmaking it the largest parade of boats ever.
It surpassed the previous world record of 327 ships set in Bremerhaven, Germany in 2011.
– The Queen’s longest foreign tour began in Bermuda in November 1953 and ended in Gibraltar in May 1954.
He was absent for 168 days, visiting 13 different countries.
During her reign, the Queen met four popes: Pope John XXIII (1961), John Paul II (1980, 1982-2000), Pope Benedict XVI (2010) and Pope Francis (2014).
– The Queen’s Coronation dress was designed by British couturier Sir Norman Hartnell.
He presented nine different samples, and the head of state accepted the eighth.
70 years of the Queen’s reign in numbers
Source70 years of the Queen’s reign in numbers