The decision to end up your marriage never comes easy, and divorce itself wears you out significantly. So, it is necessary to get some support and ask for assistance to go through marriage termination confidently and reach positive outcomes.
Apart from close friends and professional assistance, divorce quotes can become a good source of inspiration and encouragement. Whether they come as congratulations on your divorce, hang above your desktop, or become your social media status, the right words at the right time can make your day and inspire you to strive for better.
To Let the Past Go
The hardest thing about the divorce and any other unpleasant event is to get the ball rolling.
But if you ask Monica Bellucci, she will motivate you to leave since ‘when people divorce, it’s always such a tragedy… if people stay together it can be even worse.’ Jennifer Weiner describes the possible outcomes as staying in an unhappy marriage, teaching your children the wrong things about love.
Although many people postpone the breakup, by all means, things often get worse, and they understand it late. The same happened to Scarlett Johansen, actress, who confessed, ‘I never really came alive for myself; I was only feeding his aliveness.’ In most cases, Wiz Khalifa is right, telling us, ‘It helps to walk away sometimes, even though it was super hard.’
Be courageous enough to confirm that there is no commitment on the other side. Listen to Dr. Laura Schlessinger and ‘don’t spend too much time beating on a wall, hoping it will transform into a door.’ After all, change your attitude to divorce, understanding that ‘heartbreak is a loss. Divorce is a piece of paper,’ wisdom shared by Taylor Reid, get a divorce online and let your past go heading to the bright future.
To Gather Strength
Be ready that the marriage finalization process will be a great challenge. So, grab the congrats on divorce and inspiring quotes, pin them anywhere visible and use them to gather strength and encouragement.
Let Helen Hywater speak in your head anytime you feel weak in the divorce process. ‘You’re a diamond dear. They can’t break you.’Even if your spouse aims to make the end of the marriage a rocky one, treat it withBrad Henry’s tip ‘Throw us an obstacle and we grow stronger.’ Find your strong inner self and let it guide you to change your life for the better, repeating Carol Burnett’s mantra, ‘Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me’.
Nurture your independence and self-sufficiency all along with the divorce procedure with Rachel Wolchin, who once realized, ‘I used to hope that you’d bring me flowers. Now I plant my own.’And never go down to some dirty games. Be ready to forgive your deceiving partner holding in mind Gandhi’s wisdom that ‘forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.’And once you are over, you understand that ‘amount of power you walk away with is going to blow your fucking mind’, the truth discovered by Jen Waite.
To Learn Your Lesson
Every experience, whether it is pleasant or not, teaches you life lessons. The same goes for your divorce. And here are some common lessons you can acquire together with famous people and their quotes:
- It takes two to destroy a marriage (Margaret Trudeau). Don’t blame yourself only for failing.
- Instead of divorce lawyers profiting from our mistakes… profit from them (Lucille Ball). Put all effort into your marriage termination to succeed.
- In every marriage … there are grounds for divorce. The trick is to find …grounds for marriage (Robert Anderson). Aim for a breakup when there is no other choice.
- Being divorced is like being hit by a Mack truck. If you live through it, you start looking very carefully to the right and to the left (Jean Kerr). Don’t let your cautiousness restrict you from happiness.
- Success is its own reward, but failure is a great teacher too (Sonia Sotomayor). Turn your failure into a personal guide for the next relationships.
- You can learn something from every experience (Ellen Degeneres). This is the primary reason not to regret your divorce ever.
As long as you manage to use your unhappy relationships to create your happy ending, it all is worth it.
To Love Yourself
Even if you are strong and ready to go through the hurdles the divorce is preparing for you, it is necessary to repair your emotional wellness. As a result of divorce, you will lose trust in yourself, your uniqueness, and your beauty. Regain it through the wisdom and fun of people who succeeded:
- I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man, I keep his house (ZsaZsa Gabor).
- I had built my life on trying to be all things to all people, and I just couldn’t do it anymore (Gwyneth Paltrow).
- I don’t have any fear now, I don’t have a lot of rules for myself (Katie Holmes).
- Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward (Roy T. Bennett).
- Owning your own story and loving yourself through the process is the bravest thing (Brené Brown).
- Be the heroine of your life, not the victim (Nora Ephron).
Get inspired with the quotes and reinvent yourself to feel loved and happy again.
To Move On
Once the divorce is over, the primary thing to realize is that ‘you cannot start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one,’ as said by Michael McMillian. If you still hesitate and look for a determiner for your relationships, let Susan J. Elliott guide you -‘only consistent, unconditional love is good enough.’ In case you lack this, there is no point in staying married. And in such cases, Oscar Wilde is right, claiming that ‘divorces are made in heaven’ since they make the free space for happiness.
‘When two people decide to get a divorce, it isn’t a sign that they don’t understand one another,’ but that they have begun to. Measure your marriage termination by this quote of Helen Rowland, and feel lucky to have another chance and proceed to a better life. Hold in mind ‘that sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together;’ Monroe’s best congratulations on your divorce, and never hold the grudge on your ex.Realize the truth with Robert H. Schuller and ‘let your hopes, not your hurts, shape your future.’